CASSS recently announced Cari Sänger-van de Griend, PhD, as the 2015 winner of its CE Pharm Award.
The CE Pharm Award recognizes an individual for sustained and significant contribution to the practical application of capillary electrophoresis (CE) to the analysis of biotechnology and pharmaceutical products. It is awarded at the CASSS CE Pharm meeting.
CE Pharm provides an interactive forum for the discussion of CE in the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries, including regulatory considerations. The forum also provides a venue for industrial CE practitioners to meet, network, and exchange knowledge for mutual education. This year’s meeting was held Sept. 20-24 in Brooklyn, New York.
The 2015 honoree is an associate professor at Uppsala University in Uppsala, Sweden, and the founder of Kantisto BV, The Netherlands, an independent chemical and pharmaceutical analysis consultancy.
Sänger-van de Griend was singled out for her valuable influence on the promotion and use of CE, including:
- Making significant, dedicated, and continual contributions to the CE Pharm meeting
- Establishing a growing network with an increasing level of fundamental CE knowledge
- Providing essential input to the community by teaching and otherwise sharing knowledge
- Enabling acceptance of CE in the pharmaceutical industry
- Bringing working CE knowledge to labs through powerful collaboration
- Advocating tirelessly for scientifically sound CE method development and for the use of CE to ensure the quality of pharmaceutical products
- Working consistently as a CE consultant to ensure CE practitioners are successful
Sänger-van de Griend joins the following list of CE Pharm Award winners:
- 2014 – Michel Girard – Health Canada
- 2013 – András Guttman – Northeastern University
- 2012 – Franka Kálmán – University of Applied Sciences Western Switzerland
- 2011 – Oscar Salas-Solano – Seattle Genetics, Inc.
- 2010 – SungAe Suhr Park – Amgen, Inc.
- 2009 – Stacey Ma – Genentech, Inc.
- 2008 – Anthony Chen and Wassim Nashabeh – Genentech, Inc.
- 2007 – Kevin Altria – GlaxoSmithKline
- 2006 – Norberto Guzman – Johnson & Johnson